728x90 AdSpace

Latest News
May 16, 2018

3 Interesting Norwegian Companies To Consider


Norway has in the recent past been hyped as the place where the next-big startups emanate from. Many of the startups in Norway seem to be designed in a way to only serve Norwegians, or the Nordic region or the Scandinavian countries. It is not very common to find a Norwegian company seeking to be listed in the South Korean Stock Exchange or the Argentinian for that matter.

Still, as an investor, you will need to know the best company to invest in when you are presented with several Norwegian ones. An investor should first establish their needs and whether those needs can be satisfied by the company they want to invest in. Before we look into some of the most interesting Norwegian companies to invest in, here are some things to check out before you commit your money;

● The price/ earnings ratio

● Dividends paid out by the company

● Whether there is usually insider activity

● News that relate to the company

● The market capitalization of the company among others

Now let’s take a look at the most interesting and appealing Norwegian companies to invest in (source: https://norskecasino.casino/)

Statoil

Statoil, now with a name change to Equinor is one of the largest Norwegian companies. It is an oil and gas company and has fully integrated operations in 36 countries. According to Forbes (2013), Statoil was the 11th largest oil and gas company in the world and 26th irrespective of the industry, by profit. The Norwegian government owns 67% of the company and even though the remaining 33% stake is fought over by the members of the public, it shows that its shares are pretty stable.

Statoil had a net profit of $4.6 billion in 2017 while its revenue was in the excess of $61 billion. If you look at the stability of the company, you will find that it is one of the most stable ones in the world. Moreover, the Norwegian government, the main investor in the company, is so rich that it has created an investment fund of $1 trillion. For many years, the company has been reporting profits and shareholders have been getting good dividends.

Betfair

To start with, it is important to note that no other company or entity has been issued with an operating license in Norway other than the state-owned Norsk Tipping. This means that Norwegians are supposed to use Norsk Tipping platform when they want to engage in gambling activities. However, this does not mean that Norwegians strictly use the government-owned platform only. A good alternative happens to be Betfair.

Betfair is a subsidiary company of Paddy Power Betfair which is listed on LSE and FTSE. Betfair has been around since 2000. It is based in the U.K and has a Gibraltarian license. Paddy Power Betfair is an international gambling company which has its presence in almost every other continent. The company happens to be one of the beneficiaries of the $1 trillion Norwegian government fund. In 2014, the Betfair reported revenue of more than $393 million and a profit of $51 million. It is a stable company to invest in but you will have to invest through Paddy Power Betfair.

Fjordkraft Holding ASA

Fjordkraft Holding ASA is the leading electricity retailing company in the Norwegian consumer market. It is the second one when it comes to business market. The Company is a major supplier of electricity and its customer-base has more than 1.2 million people. The company boasts of having more than half a million delivery points in businesses, households and public entities all over Norway. The company’s target is to increase its customers to reach 2 million people and also become the electricity retailer of choice and also offer the best value for money to both employees and shareholders.

The total revenue that the company made in 2017 was more than NOK 4.4 billion while the profit was NOK 252 million. The company is listed on Oslo Bors. The company has come up with a climate initiative called ‘Kilimanjaro’ where the suppliers of the company are required to be climate neutral by 2019.

Source: https://norskecasino.casino/nyheter/invester-i-3-interessante-norske-selskaper/

The views and opinions expressed herein are the author's own, and do not necessarily reflect those of EconMatters.

© EconMatters.com All Rights Reserved | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Email Digest


  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments
Item Reviewed: 3 Interesting Norwegian Companies To Consider Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Econ Matters